So it’s been
about a month just over a month since I’ve written on here. My current work schedule does not leave much down time for me to write, but that should be changing soon. Why? Because Mainbody is just around the corner. Actually, it should have started yesterday last week but there were some gnarly storms that have, so far, prevented any planes from coming in.
The change of the seasons has me feeling pretty conflicted, as usual. There are pros and cons, which I’m sure I have gone over before, but I’ll do it again for the benefit of any new readers that may be out there.
- Freshies – aka fresh fruits and veggies. Right now I’d maim for a salad. Or an orange.
- New dispatchers – New dispatchers mean I get to go to night shift. Now, night shift when it is daylight 24/7 doesn’t seem like that big a deal, but I am not a morning person. Which makes me really grateful that I have a roommate that understands this and he makes sure coffee is ready before I get up.
- Another pro, I already have my roommate for the season, so I’m pretty damn lucky there. I don’t have to worry about potentially getting someone who is not understanding of my schedule. It’s actually a friend of mine from my first season down here. It works out well because he totally understands my schedule, isn’t a big party guy, and will be working during the day when I’m sleeping.
- More people – I’m going to list this under pro’s and con’s. New people means more energy and more liveliness around here.
- PACKAGES! – Okay, I’m really excited about this one. I mailed myself WAY more than I should have, however, I also did a crappy job of packing for winfly. I somehow managed to only pack two long sleeve shirts. Overall, that hasn’t been that big of a deal since I’m working 6 days a week, but it will be nice once I get on my summer rotation.
- As I’ll be on night shift for a long while, I am excited about the nightshift community. When your hours of socializing are outside of the norm, you get to know the folks who work the same hours as you. Some of them will be calling for work related information, others will be at DayBar. I’m also hoping for the opportunity to bartend again this season.
More people – Right now, the galley is nice and subdued and you don’t have to stand in line to get food. More people will bring more noise and lines. Orange people also bring in the crud.
Scratch that. In the past week that it has taken me to write this, we have gotten no planes. We have people here that are ready to get out of here and back to reality. New people, even with their germs and pestilence will be a welcome sight.
*Note, I don’t really think anyone will be bringing the bubonic plague down here. I’m just in dire need of a salad.
Anyhow! With the weather as it is and the schedule as it is, I haven’t been able to go out and take any photos, which is kind of a bummer. But, things are going pretty great here for me overall. I’ve gotten into a routine with my roommate and with my friends when I’m off work. I’m finally getting back into the gym on a more consistent schedule. I am down 20 pounds though, so that’s pretty awesome.
I’ll probably write another update later. Just wanted to put out the word that I am still alive since Facebook isn’t currently working down here.